Reports to: IB Director
Start Date: August 2020
Our School is searching for a passionate Biology Teacher to join our faculty. The Biology Teacher’s responsibilities include preparing lesson plans, tests and assignments, supervising students during investigations and experiments.
Biology Teacher responsibilities:
- Preparing and delivering engaging biology lessons to students from different backgrounds, who all have different interests and abilities.
- Monitoring student performance and adjusting teaching strategies and techniques for improved content delivery.
- Setting up exams, assessments, and experiments in accordance with IB curriculum requirements and standards.
- Communicating any student issues to parents, advisors, and other relevant staff members.
- Attending school events, club meetings, and staff meetings as required.
- Coming up with suggestions to improve the Science Department and general school operations.
- Building rapport with students so that they feel comfortable and safe discussing sensitive topics in class.
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience in Biology in High School (Grades 10, 11 and 12)
- Teaching certificate
- Bachelor of Science in Biology and /or environmental science.
- No experience in IB is required
The employment package includes
1) A competitive salary. This will depend on your years of teaching experience and your Education.
2) Flight ticket allowance 14000 RMB/ 2000 USD. Pay annually.
3) Free Chinese lessons.
4) Annual Professional Development workshop in the IB Programme.
5) Health insurance world wide coverage.
6) Accommodation on Campus or off campus (5 minutes walk), or an accommodation allowance of 8000 RMB.
7) Food allowance that could be used to eat in any of the 8 cafeterias we have on Campus we are a boarding school. The food allowance is 500 RMB monthly, about 70 USD Dollars. Each meal could cost around 20RMB or 3 $USD.
8) Visa expenses (Paid only once) 12000 RMB before tax about 1730 USD before tax.
9) Shipping allowance 3000 RMB before tax around 430 USD before tax (Paid only once)
10) Relocation allowance 3000 RMB before tax around 430 USD before tax (Paid only once)
How to Apply
Send your CV directly through the website. If possible, please include a headshot photo on your CV. Most schools will ask for this as part of the application process.